Our mediators are:
* Accredited Family Mediators/ Accredited Family Mediation Supervisors/ Accredited General Mediators with professional training and accreditation by the Hong Kong Mediation Accreditation Association Limited (HKMAAL)
* On the Family Mediator Panel of the Mediation Co-ordinator's Office of Judiciary
* from professional backgrounds of social work, counselling, law, etc..
* With neutral and impartial attitude, the mediator helps the parties to peacefully negotiate with each other to come to a mediated settlement agreement on mutually acceptable solutions under the condition of confidentiality.
* Does not give legal advice, but encourage parties to consult lawyers ( may choose to apply for the legal consultation services of our Society)
* Does not provide counselling or therapy services, but may recommend these services
* Is not biased against any party
* Will not decide for the parties/party, but will assist them to make feasibility assessment of possible solutions.